A New Grammary

 When I couldn't find a grammar book that actually taught middle schoolers how to write mature sentences, I wrote one! We will use this book as our grammar book in all my classes this year.

In the summer of 2022, I spent hundreds of hours creating charts, cataloguing lessons I'd already taught, and creating a formula system to make writing mature phrases and clauses a bit easier.

I used blurb.com to publish my book, and it is available at blurb and on amazon for $16. This summer (2023), I corrected a few errors, added a bit of info here and there, and published the second edition of the book.


A New Grammary teaches a new kind of grammar that uses formulas to make writing things like complex and compound sentences much easier. For example, a compound sentence formula might look like this:
IC, conj IC.
This means that a compound sentence can be made of an independent clause followed by a comma and a coordinating conjunction and then another independent clause.



Comments