Summer 2023

 This summer all of my kids and my husband had adventures and I mostly stayed at our home and rested, sending them out and receiving them back. I made food, walked dogs, read (lots of) mystery novels, and washed piles of laundry. We hosted several large parties, one for our church and one for Choices, PRC, so I also did a lot of house cleaning and gardening. Toward the end of the summer, my husband and I took one of our sons to Atlanta with his friends to attend an NF concert. My husband and I also spent a weekend at a friend's cabin in North Carolina. It was an incredible summer!

My husband took our oldest son to Moab, Utah for biking and off-roading as a celebration of completing high school.



Our neighbor took all the boys caving.

My daughter Bethany celebrated turning 15.

My oldest is loving on both our dogs.

We went to Alabama in June to hang out with family by the lake.


Happy Fathers Day to my husband!

My husband and two oldest did the high adventure Boy Scout Camp at Summit, Bechtal Reserve. My youngest son did the regular Boy Scout Camp there that same week. Part of the high adventure camp was stunt biking.




I hosted a table at the CSTHEA homeschool fair at Camp Jordan. 

My son Amos spent some time with my dad fishing at Grandad's lakehouse.

My two girls went up to St. Louis to visit with my husband's family. (pictured: Nate's mom, two neices, and our two girls)

My son Amos did acting camp at the Chattanooga Theatre Centre where they wrote their own play and music and performed the musical "Wolves at Work." Amos was the wolf from the story of "Little Red Riding Hood." He danced, sang, and acted, and loved every minute of it.

This is another pic of my younger daughter in St. Louis going to a St. Louis Cardinals game with her cousin.

Here are a few pics from the cabin in North Carolina. The wild flowers and sunsets were both stunning.


We saw this rainbow on August 13 from our front yard!

My kids, their cousins, and my mom at the lake.




Comments